Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Location: - Joplin MO Interview Day in Joplin Update on Fund Raiser

Friday August 29

I did some interviews while in Joplin for an extra day. Here are the links:


FOX 14 Joplin


Another TV Station


Good news:

I heard from Brenda of Soldier's Best Friend several days ago the the donations are now up to $450 for online donations that have been linked to this bike tour.

Other good news is that the signage on my bike is working!!! People are asking questions which gives me the opportunity to tell them about SBF's mission. Some people just walk up and hand me money with no questions. One man just handed me money out the window of his car as I cycled and he drove:):):)

With the money I have collected I have been able to make an additional $210 donation to SBF. I will keep a divider in my wallet to separate out the SBF money. When I reach a certain amount I will go on line and use my credit card to make a donation.

So we are up to $660 now. Keep it coming.

I am overwhelmed with the incredible kindness and generosity of the communities that I am coming into .... It is like they are in a contest trying to "out-kind each other" but the neat thing is that they are doing it without there being any real contest. It is just their way of life>


Thank you Kenyon for making the recommendation regarding the sign.


About Soldiers Best Friend ..... If you have been following along you already know that I am trying to collect donations for the charity called Soldiers Best Friend. This is a charity that provides service dogs to Vets that are suffering from PTSD. These dogs can literally be life savers for these men and women.

My blog averages approximately 175 hits per day. I think that suggests folks are interested in the trip and hopefully are being informed and entertained. I am at the half-way point of the trip at 2151 miles. I consider this my job for the summer of 2014. I am putting in the the "blood, sweat, and gears" to steal a phrase - so would you consider a donation to this very worthy cause?

I've done the math for you .... My entire trip is going to be approximately 4200 miles long. Do you think you could donate $.006 per mile (like about slightly more than 1/2 cent per mile)?? If so then that would be a $25 dollar donation to SBF. Or better yet could you afford to donate at $.012 per mile (1.2 cents per mile) then that would be about a $50 donation. And so on ....  give what you can - I know this sounds like a Nation Public Radio fund drive but come on - what a worthy cause!!

Please follow the link below to donate and include my name - just "Neil" will do or "Neal" if you like that spelling better:):)


It's time folks please.......
  
And finally please remember the cause -   soldiersbestfriend.org  I will go into this in more detail and perhaps some level of haranguing later on, but for now here is the link .... and an additional link for donation   SoldiersBestFriend - Donate Please :):)   Oh and I would be a lot more comfortable if you use the "honorarium" option vs the "memoriam" option - you'll understand when you click on the link:):).   

As you donate please enter my name in the "In Honor of Spot" so the folks at SBF can tally the results to encourage me and let me know WE are getting something done TOGETHER. I recognize we are really trying to honor the Vets but this is the only way SBF can tally the results of this drive (tour).


No comments:

Post a Comment